Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Daily Prayer - Failure is never final

Good Tuesday morning, my friends.
 
Our God is the god of second chances and new beginnings.  I am continually amazed that He chooses me despite my sin, despite my wandering, despite my failures.  And I am grateful for it.
 
Are you feeling unworthy of His grace and mercy today?  Unqualified to serve in His kingdom?  Still yourself; lay down your burdens; and allow Him to pick you up and dust you off.  Let His Spirit to minister to you and give you a glimpse of the depth of His love for you.
 

Grace and peace be yours in abundance,
Bruce
 
 
 
God of second chances and new beginnings,
I am always amazed that you choose to use me for your kingdom purposes.
 
You use me as I am …
imperfect …
flawed …
ordinary …
tending sometimes not to do my best …
prone to error …
and very inclined to trip and fall.
 
Always your grace is greater than my mistakes and stumblings.
 
Thank you, O God, for using me in spite of myself!
Unfailing God, remind me often that, in your sight, failure is never final.
By your grace, enable me to deal with my own failures constructively and with the failures of others patiently.
Let it be so.
 
(a prayer of Trudy Archambeau by way of http://bobhostetler.blogspot.ca/2013/11/god-of-second-chances-and-new-beginnings.html)

No comments:

Post a Comment