Search This Blog

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Daily Prayer - I want your God!

Good Thursday morning, my friends.
 
I trust and pray that you are having a wonderful summer.
 
As I read this great devotional this morning, I felt led to share it.  Do you, like me, take the grace of God for granted?  Do we really “get” what He has done on our behalf?
 
This is written by Francis Chan.  If you aren’t familiar with him (and even if you are) I encourage you to go to Youtube and check him out. 
 
Thursday, July 17, 2014
"I Want Your God"
 
Key Bible Verse: You must grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. (2 Peter 3:18)
 
Dig Deeper: 2 Peter 3

 
A few years ago my oldest daughter came home with a test she had failed.  That’s not permissible in my house.  There’s no excuse.  So when she showed me her test, she said, “What are you going to do?”

I told her, “We’re going out to dinner.  We’re going to go to a movie and out for ice cream.  I want you to experience grace.” I said, “Look, Dad understands grace because Dad did so many things that were just ugly in God’s sight.  Still he blessed me with your mom and with you kids.  I don’t deserve any of this. … I want you to see what it’s like to be blessed when you should have been punished.”

So we celebrated grace.

When my daughter came home from school the next day, she said, “I told my friends what you did. … They [said they] wish you were their dad.”  I’m not a perfect father, but I love the thought that in this case my daughter experienced grace to the extent that her friends wanted me to be their dad.

Can you imagine if we actually trembled at God’s Word [through the message of our Key Bible Verse]?  Maybe people would look at us and say, “I wish I had your God.”
 
     — Francis Chan in Passion
 
My Response: Are people attracted to God by the way I speak and live my faith?
 
 
Thought to Apply: Let the study of the Bible be central in your life – not just so you will know it, but that you will obey it. – Billy Graham (evangelist)
 
 
Grace and peace be yours in abundance,
Bruce
 
 
Lord, I know you are merciful. I've been taught that you provide grace and mercy in spite of my behavior and in spite of my sins. You are a good God that comes to those that need You, no matter what.
 
And Lord, I need you now in my life more than ever. I know that I'm not perfect. I know that my sins are not hidden from you. I know that, at times, I sin knowing it's a sin. I'm human, Lord, and while that's no excuse, I know you love me despite my human nature.
 
Lord, I need you today to provide for me. I need your grace in my life to provide strength, because I am weak. I face temptations every day, and I wish I could say that I always walk away. I cannot do it alone any more. I just can't. I need you to give me the strength and provide me with the guidance to overcome these desires to sin.
 
I need you to give me direction in darker times when I wonder if I can even face the next day. You can move the mountains that block my way in life. You can give to me what I need in my life.
 
Please, Lord, I ask of you to come into my life and offer your grace. I am open to it and ready to accept it. Allow my heart to always be focused on You and make my desire to live for You.
 
Lord, I know from the scripture that your grace is bestowed no matter what, so I just ask for it today. I may not always be perfect, but I strive to be better. Lord, help me be better. Help me see the clear, narrow path in front of me so I can walk in your ways and in your glory.
 
In your name, Amen.
 

1 comment:

  1. The Idiot's Manual to Scorpio Horoscope Explained

    Definitions of Scorpio Horoscope

    It's possible that you reach an important point in which everything appears to be chaotic until you find that in your hands is the prospect of changing it. Every one of the zodiac signs has a crucial purpose, a way to react to the world around you. Together with covering all the important information regarding the archangel like the archangel Jeremiel prayer.


    https://www.psychicslove.com/wp/what-does-scorpio-horoscope-mean/

    ReplyDelete