Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Good Wednesday morning, my friends.
 
I received a reply to yesterday's message from a friend of mine (and many of you), Pastor Shawn.  He wrote:
Bruce,
My primary mission field is where I am, that's why I'm here.  Now the question for me is this, "when is the last time I attempted to close the sale, lead somebody to salvation and was turned down".  I like this question for many reasons one of which is this.    People who have never been turned down when attempted to introduce people to Christ are, more often than not, the same ones who have never tried to introduce someone to Christ.   I am told that less than 4% of Christians have ever tried to introduce someone to a relationship with Jesus.  While we may know what to do, while we may know where our mission field is, it appears as if almost nobody want to risk doing that which has eternal significance.   I wonder how we can claim to be His followers when we  aren't introducing anybody to him.
This question strikes home with me.  I have no problem talking about Christ with people, but how often do I try to "close the sale" and invite them into a relationship with Jesus.  Not often enough.  Thanks, Shawn, for giving me (us) some difficult food for thought.
 
 
Grace and peace be yours in abundance,
Bruce
 
 
Heavenly Father,
 
Give us strength and courage to share the good news with all people.
Help us to overcome the fear that the enemy instills in us in our attempts to present the gospel.
May we be a generation of believers who invite others into Your family.
 
We pray in Jesus' name.  Amen.
 
 
 
Bruce MacPherson
 
macpherson@celtic.ca / Blog: The Celtic Christian / Home: 613.489.4174 Cell: 613.720.0821
 
You are receiving this email because you have requested it or I felt you would be interested in this material.
 
If you would like to be removed from this email list, please do not hesitate to contact me at the above email address.
 
Likewise, if you know of someone else who you believe would appreciate receiving these messages, please let me know.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment