Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Daily Prayer - Get some rest ...

Good Wednesday morning, my friends.
 
The older I get, the more I appreciate (and need) rest.  God, as far back as the creation of the earth, mandated that we rest one day out of every seven.  How are you doing with that?  Are you taking a Sabbath each week?  I know I need to be more mindful of this.  And I bet you do too.  We could really benefit from it, which is exactly why God prescribed it for us.
 
Get some rest - it's Biblical!
 

Grace and peace and rest be yours in abundance,
Bruce
 

Father, You command us to observe the day of rest, by keeping it holy.
 
You also command us to work on the other six days.
 
You made this commandment for our benefit that we might be renewed spiritually and physically on the Lord's Day.
 
Help us to be careful to set this day apart and make it the highlight of our week as we honor You in corporate worship, as we spend quality time with our family members and as we take time to rest from our labor.
 
In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen.
 
(http://adailyprayer.wordpress.com/2013/09/06/a-prayer-for-the-day-of-rest/)

No comments:

Post a Comment