Search This Blog

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Daily Prayer - Who will cure you?

Good Thursday morning, my friends.
 
How many people (perhaps some of us included) believe (or believed) that before coming to faith they must "clean up their act".  Sometimes even after accepting Jesus as our Saviour we assume that is is our job to make these changes in our lives, usually by sheer will. But hear these words of God:   
"Return, O faithless sons; I will heal your faithlessness" (Jeremiah 3:22). 
Who will cure you of your sin?  God will.  If you let Him.  If you give the Holy Spirit an "all-access pass" to your heart, He will heal you.  And me.  The key here is all-access.
 
Is there a part of your heart that you are holding back, and thus not experiencing forgiveness and freedom in that area?
 

Grace and peace be yours in abundance,
Bruce
 

Father, You are my source of love, forgiveness and acceptance.
 
All other sources have left me emotionally wounded and confused.
 
I built my walls of self-protection, turned my back on You and the spring of living water; I dug my own cisterns, broken cisterns that cannot hold water.
 
I repent of my transgressions.
 
In the name of Jesus, I ask You to cleanse me and take away my guilt.
 
Jesus, I drink from the living water; I believe on You, and out of my innermost being shall flow rivers of living water.
 
Amen.
 
(http://letspraydaily.blogspot.ca/2008/07/to-be-forgiven-prayer.html)

No comments:

Post a Comment