Search This Blog

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Daily Prayer - The miracle of now

Good Thursday morning, my friends.

 

Breathe deeply.  And again.  Did you do it?  Did you feel your shoulders lower?  The stress lessen?  Be conscious of this moment, not fretting about what has been or worrying about what is to come.  This is the miracle, and gift, of now.
 
And don't rush by the last 2 lines of this prayer.

 

Amazing Grace and Eternal Peace be yours,

Bruce

 

 

Eternal Friend,

grant me an ease

to breathe deeply of this moment,

this light, this miracle of now.

 

Beneath the din and fury of great movements

and harsh news

and urgent crises,

make me attentive still

to good news,

to small occasions,

and the grace of what is possible

for me to be,

to do,

to give,

to receive,

that I may miss neither my neighbor's gift

nor my enemy's need.

 

(a prayer from Ted Loder's Guerrillas of Grace by way of http://bobhostetler.blogspot.ca/2014/03/this-miracle-of-now.html)

No comments:

Post a Comment