Search This Blog

Monday, June 23, 2014

Daily Prayer - Summertime

Good Monday morning, my friends.
 
It's summertime.  So many things to distract us.  Good things and not so good things.  Let us pray to be distracted by what matters.
 
 
Grace and peace be yours in abundance,
Bruce
 
*NOTE: After this week I will be taking a break from sending out the "Daily Prayer", probably until September.  I may send out the occasional message if I come across something that strikes me deeply.  I would also love to have "guest bloggers" - you!  If you have a prayer, either from one of my messages or from elsewhere (perhaps one of your own authoring), please send it to me with a note that I can share with the group so that we can encourage each other.
 
 
Good morning, good God...
 
It's summertime, Lord,
but life and work go on and, as always,
I need your help...
 
The week ahead promises to be a busy one
with its own difficulties
and, I'm sure, some challenges...
 
As I walk through this week, Lord,
stay by my side,
keep me on the right path
and lead me where you'd have me go...
 
As we walk together, you and I,
help me see through your eyes
the people I meet and work with
and the circumstances I encounter;
help me see what on my own I'd surely miss
and keep me from distraction
over what's a waste of time and unimportant...
 
With you as my companion, Lord,
help me speak as you would speak:
help me say what others truly need to hear;
give me your word with its comfort and compassion;
and keep watch over the words of my lips
lest my speech mislead or hurt...
 
Lord, be my colleague and companion,
my patron and my partner,
my guardian and my guide...
 
Be with me, Lord,
and keep me by your side this Monday morning
and through the week ahead...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment