Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Daily Prayer - As for me and my house ...

Good Tuesday morning, my friends.
 
We make a choice every day, every hour, every minute.  Whom shall we follow?  The "gods of this world"  - modern culture, materialism, relative truths - or the God who reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ?
 
As For Me And My House We Will Serve the Lord - Joshua 24:15
 
 
Amazing Grace and Eternal Peace be yours,
Bruce
 
 
Father, the philosophies, trends, and mind-set of the world stands in great contrast to the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Your Word tells us that those who are not for You are against You. 
 
We can't walk on both sides of the fence so we are faced with a choice we must make; the same kind of choice Joshua gave to the Israelites thousands of years ago. 
We must choose whether to follow after the gods of this world and forsake You or we must forsake the world and devote ourselves to You. 
 
Father, I choose to follow after You; You who reconciled me to Yourself through Jesus. 
You have proven Yourself trustworthy for Your promises are true. 
You provide the power and presence of Your Holy Spirit to lead me and direct my every path.
Your Word illumines my every thought. I choose You today, exclusively and eternally!
 
Amen.
 
  
 
 
Bruce MacPherson
 
macpherson@celtic.ca / Blog: The Celtic Christian / Home: 613.489.4174 Cell: 613.720.0821
 
You are receiving this email because you have requested it or I felt you would be interested in this material.
 
If you would like to be removed from this email list, please do not hesitate to contact me at the above email address.
 
Likewise, if you know of someone else who you believe would appreciate receiving these messages, please let me know.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment