Search This Blog

Monday, January 16, 2012

Daily Prayer - The first of my heart

Good Monday morning, my friends.
 
During our service yesterday the worship band sang "May the Words of My Mouth" by Rob Hill and Tim Hughes.  It is a beautiful song, that I have heard and sung it before, but this lyric stuck in my throat yesterday:
And I'll look not for riches, nor praises on the earth
Only You'll be the first of my heart
Earthly riches and the mortal praises still hold some sway over me.  And more than a little if I am honest.  I am sure I am not alone in this - our culture pounds it into us.  Obviously God is asking me to examine this "affliction". How about you? Is Christ the first of your heart?  
 
 
Amazing Grace and Eternal Peace be your in abundance,
Bruce
 
So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Matthew 6:31-33
 
God, help us to stop worrying about life and put you and your kingdom first.
 
We trust you to take care of our needs and that you will always be there for us, even when times seem dark.
 
You are God of the Universe and you love us.
 
We trust you, Father.
 
We love you.
 
  
 
Bruce MacPherson
 
macpherson@celtic.ca / Blog: The Celtic Christian / Home: 613.489.4174 Cell: 613.720.0821
 
You are receiving this email because you have requested it or I felt you would be interested in this material.
 
If you would like to be removed from this email list, please do not hesitate to contact me at the above email address.
 
Likewise, if you know of someone else who you believe would appreciate receiving these messages, please let me know.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment