Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Daily Prayer - Sláinte!

Good Wednesday morning, and a happy Robbie Burns Day my friends!
 
My Scottish heritage shines through his morning, as I sit here in my kilt and sporran (no kidding!).  And so I feel it is best to leave the prayer today to the bard, himself.  Burns realizes he cannot rely on his own power to be righteous and instead leans on God and how He "Delighteth to forgive".  We would be wise to do likewise (likewiseth?).
 
 
Grace and peace be with you lads and lassies today!
Bruce
 
 

A Prayer, In The Prospect Of Death

by Robert Burns

O thou unknown, Almighty Cause

Of all my hope and fear!
In whose dread presence, ere an hour,
Perhaps I must appear!

If I have wander'd in those paths

Of life I ought to shun;
As something, loudly, in my breast,
Remonstrates I have done;

Thou know'st that Thou hast formèd me

With passions wild and strong;
And list'ning to their witching voice
Has often led me wrong.

Where human weakness has come short,

Or frailty stept aside,
Do Thou, All-Good! for such Thou art,
In shades of darkness hide.

Where with intention I have err'd,

No other plea I have,
But, Thou art good; and Goodness still
Delighteth to forgive.
 

 
 
Bruce MacPherson
 
macpherson@celtic.ca / Blog: The Celtic Christian / Home: 613.489.4174 Cell: 613.720.0821
 
You are receiving this email because you have requested it or I felt you would be interested in this material.
 
If you would like to be removed from this email list, please do not hesitate to contact me at the above email address.
 
Likewise, if you know of someone else who you believe would appreciate receiving these messages, please let me know.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment