Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Daily Prayer - Can't get no satisfaction?

Good Wednesday morning, my friends.
 
Have you ever noticed that even the greatest joys we experience in this life are tinged with a feeling that there is still something missing, something even greater to be had?
 
That is what Solomon meant when he wrote "He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end" (Ecclesiastes 3:11).
 
Be thankful for that missing piece (peace?), that longing for more.  Be thankful knowing only God can truly satisfy our every want and need.
 

Grace and peace be yours in abundance,
Bruce
 
 
 
I thank Thee, O Lord, that Thou hast so set eternity within my heart that no earthly thing can ever satisfy me wholly. 
 
I thank Thee that every present joy is so mixed with sadness and unrest as to lead my mind upwards to the contemplations of a more perfect blessedness. 
 
And above all I thank Thee for the sure hope and promise of an endless life which Thou hast given me in the glorious gospel of Jesus Christ my Lord. 
 
Amen.
 
John Baillie
 
(http://praying.kansasbob.com/2013/10/eternity-in-my-heart.html)

No comments:

Post a Comment