Search This Blog

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Daily Prayer - Let my bones be soaked with Your love

Good Thursday morning, my friends.
 
What is weighing you down today?  This week has certainly had its challenges in our house.  Reading this great prayer by St. Augustine helped give me the "attitude adjustment" I needed.  I pray it does the same for you.  Be careful not to skim over the opening line.  Ask God to help you remember and confess the mercies He has showered on you.
 
God has broken our chains - let our bones be soaked in His love!
 

Grace and peace be yours in abundance!
Bruce
 

O my God,
let me, with thanksgiving,
remember, and confess unto you
your mercies on me.
 
Let my bones be soaked with your love,
and let them say unto you,
Who is like you, O Lord?
 
You have broken my chains in pieces.
I will offer unto you the sacrifice of thanksgiving
And how you have broken them, I will declare;
and all who worship you, when they hear this, will say:
Blessed is the Lord in heaven and in earth!
Great and wonderful is his name!
 
(A prayer of St. Augustine by way of http://bobhostetler.blogspot.ca/2013/10/let-my-bones-be-soaked-with-your-love.html)

No comments:

Post a Comment