Search This Blog

Monday, December 9, 2013

Daily Prayer - Hold fast

Good Monday morning, my friends.
 
Hezekiah was one of the "good kings" of Israel in the Old Testament. He "did what was right in the eyes of the Lord, according to all that David his father had done" (2 Kings 18:4).  The prayer below is based on his actions and attitudes during his reign.  Let us have a similar outlook today.
 
Grace and peace be yours in abundance,
Bruce
 

Lord,
I hold fast to you.
I will not depart from following you,
but will keep your commandments,
by your grace.
 
Please be with me
wherever I go;
bless me,
prosper me,
and make me a scourge
to all who oppose you,
for the sake of your kingdom,
and for the glory of your name,
in Jesus' name, amen.
 
(Based on 2 Kings 18:6-7 from http://bobhostetler.blogspot.ca/2013/12/fast.html)

No comments:

Post a Comment