Search This Blog

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Daily Prayer - Spare me ...

Good Thursday morning, my friends.
 
Garth Brooks sings a song called "Unanswered Prayers".  The chorus goes like this: 
Sometimes I thank God, for unanswered prayers
Remember when you're talkin' to the man upstairs
That just because he doesn't answer doesn't mean he don't care
Some of God's greatest gifts, are unanswered prayers.
If you are frustrated that God does not seem to be listening to your prayers, the reason is most certainly NOT that He doesn't care - he sent his One and only Son to die for you and me.  There is another explanation.  And maybe this side of heaven we will never know what that is.  But on the other side it will be clear.  Have faith in His love.
 

Grace and peace be yours in abundance,
Bruce
 

Save me from getting all I pray for,
from receiving all I ask,
until I learn to ask only according to your will.

Break me of my desire to have my desires.
Spare me any pleasure that will halt or delay my progress
in becoming more like you,

in Jesus' name, amen.
 
(based on a Puritan prayer, http://bobhostetler.blogspot.ca/2013/12/spare-me.html)

No comments:

Post a Comment