Search This Blog

Friday, December 20, 2013

Daily Prayer - The Treasure of Christmas

Good Friday morning, my friends.
 
Here is my prayer for today: 
God, I thank you sincerely,
from the bottom of my heart, that
The Twelve Days of Christmas,
Little Drummer Boy,
Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer,
Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time,
Santa Baby,
Up on the Housetop,
I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus,
Santa Claus is Coming to Town,
Here Comes Santa Claus,
Jingle Bells,
All I Want for Christmas is You,
All I Want for Christmas is My Two Front Teeth,
Happy Christmas (War Is Over),
Jingle Bell Rock,
Blue Christmas,
Have a Holly Jolly Christmas,
The Chipmunk Song,
I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas, and
Rocking Around the Christmas Tree
are only played incessantly in public places
for a few weeks every year.
 
Just kidding.  Kinda.
 
I will be away next week so I wanted to take this opportunity to wish you the most wonderful, Christ-filled Christmas with your families and loved ones. 
 

Grace and peace and goodwill be yours in abundance,
Bruce
 

Almighty and everlasting God,
who has made known the incarnation of your Son by the bright shining of a star,
which, when the wise men beheld,
they presented costly gifts and adored your majesty;
grant that the star of your righteousness may always shine into our hearts;
and that, as our treasure,
we may give ourselves
and all we possess to your service,
through Jesus Christ our Lord,
amen.
 
(from the Gelasian Sacramentary by way of http://bobhostetler.blogspot.ca/2013/01/a-prayer-on-epiphany.html)

No comments:

Post a Comment