Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Daily Prayer - Economy

Good Wednesday morning, my friends.

 

Here is a difficult prayer.  It requires self-examination - never an easy thing.  It is easy to pray a prayer like this, with conviction and good intentions, and then move along to the next thing in our day.

 

Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like someone who looks at his face in a mirror and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. (James 1:23-24)

 

 

Grace and peace be yours in abundance,

Bruce

 

 

 

Lord God Almighty,

 

I spend too much; I confess it.

I spend wrongly; I confess it.

I limit my ability to be generous by planning poorly and spending and owning far more than need requires; I confess it.

 

I pray for economy in my life.

I ask you for self discipline in this area.

I plead for help in reining in my household's expenses.

 

Teach me how to

earn more,

save more,

give more...and spend less,

consume less,

and waste less,

 

in Jesus' name, amen.

 

(http://bobhostetler.blogspot.ca/2014/04/economy.html)

No comments:

Post a Comment