Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Daily Prayer - Stupid is as stupid does ...

Good Tuesday morning, my friends.

 

I hope and pray that your Easter, your Resurrection Weekend, was an amazing time with family and friends and even more so with God.

 

As I read this prayer this morning I realized something:  I'm stupid.  Or at least really, really thick. 

 

I can look back on a number traumatic or stressful episodes in my life where God was whispering softly that He was in control, He was working things out, but of course I was quite doubtful and unbelieving.  Then, afterwards, I would look back and see what He had accomplished in myself or others through that time.  Or simply how He cared for me. 

 

And still, in the midst of difficulties He whispers. And I ignore.  When will I ever smarten up??

 

I need this prayer as much as any one.

 

 

Grace and peace and faith be yours in abundance,

Bruce

 

 

 

I ask for a lot, Lord, and I complain

when I think you've been slow

to hear my prayer and answer me

just the way I want...

 

And often I'm not satisfied

when you send hints and buds of promise

telling me: you're on the case,

you've heard my plea,

that you're answering my prayer

in your wisdom and good time...

 

Open up my eyes to see

the ways you slowly, surely move

within my heart and in my days:

help me notice every sign

of how you're with me,

how you're walking by my side,

how you're answering my prayers...

 

Keep me grateful for the gifts you've given

and mindful of the ways you keep your word

to guard and guide me, keeping and holding me

within the palm of your own hand...

 

Give me a grateful heart, Lord,

for all I have and all you promise me,

especially the gift of your abiding love...

 

(http://concordpastor.blogspot.ca/2014/04/pause-for-prayer-tuesday-421.html)

No comments:

Post a Comment