Search This Blog

Friday, April 25, 2014

Daily Prayer - How great?

Good Friday morning, my friends.

 

How big is your God today?

 

O Lord my God, When I in awesome wonder,

 Consider all the worlds Thy Hands have made;

I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder,

Thy power throughout the universe displayed.

 

Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,

How great Thou art, How great Thou art.

Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,

How great Thou art, How great Thou art!

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1hVY7bmqsA

 

 

Grace and peace be yours in abundance,

Bruce

 

 

Open up my eyes and mind and heart, Lord,

to ponder and to wonder at how great,

how very great you are...

 

And when I try to put you in a box,

when I think I know you inside-out,

when I'm pretty sure I know exactly

what you think and just what you would do

then put me in a box

'til I recall how far  beyond my dreams,

how much deeper than my knowing

are you, my Lord and God,

whom nothing, whom no one

can embrace, contain or hold...   

 

When I'm stingy with forgiveness

and a miser with my love,

when I box up all I have

just to keep it to myself:

remind me, Lord, how great you are,

how broad and deep your mercies,

how everlasting is your love,

how nothing I imagine

could encompass or take in

the fullness of your life,

flowing always fresh from your heart

into mine...

 

How great you are, O Lord,

how very great you are...

 

(http://concordpastor.blogspot.ca/2014/04/pause-for-prayer-friday-425.html)

No comments:

Post a Comment