Search This Blog

Monday, December 6, 2010

Are you excited?



Good Monday morning, my friends.

It is easy to be excited at Christmas time - all of the shopping, gift wrapping, get togethers, baking, etc. can provide reasons for excitement but is this what we should be excited about?

Are you "excited" about the birth of a baby, born to a teenage mother, in a stable, who is our Savior?  (God sure does have a strange way of doing things!)

If (like me) you do not have this excitement building in you, because of busyness, disinterest, stress, pain, or any other of a myriad of reasons, then lift this prayer.  Ask for excitement for the the "right" reasons.


Amazing grace and eternal peace be yours,
Bruce



Come, long-expected Jesus. Excite in me a wonder at the wisdom and power of Your Father and ours. Receive my prayer as part of my service of the Lord who enlists me in God's own work for justice. 

Come, long-expected Jesus. Excite in me a hunger for peace: peace in the world, peace in my home, peace in myself. 

Come, long-expected Jesus. Excite in me a joy responsive to the Father's joy. I seek His will so I can serve with gladness, singing and love. 

Come, long-expected Jesus. Excite in me the joy and love and peace it is right to bring to the manger of my Lord. Raise in me, too, sober reverence for the God who acted there, hearty gratitude for the life begun there, and spirited resolution to serve the Father and Son. 

I pray in the name of Jesus Christ, whose advent I hail. Amen.




Bruce MacPherson

macpherson@celtic.ca / Blog: The Celtic Christian / Home: 613.489.4174 Cell: 613.720.0821

You are receiving this email because you have requested it or I felt you would be interested in this material.

If you would like to be removed from this email list, please do not hesitate to contact me at the above email address.

Likewise, if you know of someone else who you believe would appreciate receiving these messages, please let me know.


No comments:

Post a Comment