Search This Blog

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Repent, for the kingdom of heaven has come near


Good Thursday morning, my friends.

This past Sunday marked the first week of Advent - the season where we prepare to celebrate the coming of the baby Jesus on Christmas.  Before Jesus began His earthly ministry, his cousin John the Baptist prepared the way for Him by calling telling the people "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven has come near" (Matthew 3:2).  Let us begin our preparation this year by heeding John's words.

Grace and peace be yours in abundance,
Bruce




Father, in the wilderness of the Jordan
you sent a messenger to prepare people's hearts
for the coming of your Son.

Help me to hear his words and repent of my sins,
so that I may clearly see the way to walk,
the truth to speak, and the life to live for Him,
our Lord Jesus Christ. 

Amen




Bruce MacPherson

macpherson@celtic.ca / Blog: The Celtic Christian / Home: 613.489.4174 Cell: 613.720.0821

You are receiving this email because you have requested it or I felt you would be interested in this material.

If you would like to be removed from this email list, please do not hesitate to contact me at the above email address.

Likewise, if you know of someone else who you believe would appreciate receiving these messages, please let me know.


No comments:

Post a Comment