Search This Blog

Friday, December 3, 2010

Journey with me ...


Good Friday morning, my friends.

I want to invite you to go on a journey with me.  This journey actually began with the prayer I sent yesterday with the words of John the Baptist: "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven has come near" (Matthew 3:2).  As we speed through the next few weeks leading up to Christmas, I want to provide you with a prayer each day that will give you time to pause and reflect on how we should really be celebrating this season.  Join me.

Today we start with the stress and busyness of the pre-Christmas period.  No doubt we will touch on this a few times!


Grace and peace be yours in abundance,
Bruce



I sit here with my list, Lord, and I know I need help finding a balance. 
I am so looking forward to Christmas Day, with the family here, the company, the wonderful celebration. 
But, Lord, there is SO much to do!  
When will it all get done?  
How will I maintain any semblance of inner peace in this "peaceful" season?

I think, Lord, that I need some balance in my life. 
I feel so torn between wanting to cook and fill my house with wonderful welcoming smells, and wanting to finish decorating the house. 
I have shopping to do, the house to clean and cards to write and mail.  
When?  
How?

Help me, guide me, Lord. 
Help me to set priorities around doing those things that will bring me closer to you. 
Maybe my house really is clean enough, or maybe I can ask my family for help. 
Can the cards wait until a quiet afternoon after Christmas?  
Can my house decorations be simpler?  
Is there more than a little ego involved when I want so desperately to have my house "magazine perfect" for the holidays?

Help me rediscover the joy of simplicity, Lord. 
Help me to remember what I am celebrating. 
Help me to find it in my heart to call out, "Come, Lord Jesus."




Bruce MacPherson

macpherson@celtic.ca / Blog: The Celtic Christian / Home: 613.489.4174 Cell: 613.720.0821

You are receiving this email because you have requested it or I felt you would be interested in this material.

If you would like to be removed from this email list, please do not hesitate to contact me at the above email address.

Likewise, if you know of someone else who you believe would appreciate receiving these messages, please let me know.


No comments:

Post a Comment