Search This Blog

Monday, July 11, 2011

Daily Prayer

Good Monday morning, my friends.
 

Oh, how I love your law!

   I meditate on it all day long.

Your commands are always with me

   and make me wiser than my enemies.

I have more insight than all my teachers,

   for I meditate on your statutes.

I have more understanding than the elders,

   for I obey your precepts.

I have kept my feet from every evil path

   so that I might obey your word.

I have not departed from your laws,

   for you yourself have taught me.

How sweet are your words to my taste,

   sweeter than honey to my mouth!

I gain understanding from your precepts;

   therefore I hate every wrong path.

(Psalm 119:97-104)
 How does knowing God's law make us wiser than our enemies?  Because we have the knowledge that the Creator of the universe is in full control.  We know that he has "plans to prosper" us (Jeremiah 29:11).  If God is for us, who can be against us? (Romans 8:31)
 
Want to be wise?  Read your Bible!
 
 
Grace and peace be yours in abundance,
Bruce
 
 

To You, O Lord, I Lift My Soul

 

Show me your ways, O Lord;

teach me your truth and teach me,

for you are God my Savior,

and in you I have always hoped.

 

Remember, O Lord, your compassion and love,

for they are from of old.

 

Remember no more the sins of my youth;

remember me only in your mercy,

for you are good.

 

My eyes are fixed ever on the Lord,

for he frees my feet from the snare.

 

Look upon me and have mercy on me,

for I am alone and afflicted.

 

Psalm 25:4- 7, 15- 16

(http://www.cptryon.org/prayer/heal/wisdom/ps.html)

  
 
 
Bruce MacPherson
 
macpherson@celtic.ca / Blog: The Celtic Christian / Home: 613.489.4174 Cell: 613.720.0821
 
You are receiving this email because you have requested it or I felt you would be interested in this material.
 
If you would like to be removed from this email list, please do not hesitate to contact me at the above email address.
 
Likewise, if you know of someone else who you believe would appreciate receiving these messages, please let me know.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment