Search This Blog

Friday, August 5, 2011

Daily Prayer

Good Friday morning, my friends.

 

My faith is evolving.  It began as primarily an intellectual exercise – I became convinced through several years of research that Jesus was who He said He was (the divine Son of God). Over the years it has been migrating from my brain to my heart.  This is far from complete (and never will be in this life) but I frequently have to remind myself that it is about relationship and not knowledge or works. 

 

Is your faith evolving?  Is your heart-felt relationship with God and His Son growing?  It is so easy to get off track with this, but the wonderful thing is that getting back on track is just as easy.  We simply reflect on the incredible love that God has for us, and all of the promises He has given us – to always be with us, to never leave us, and to prosper us.

 

Lift this prayer today and allow God to fill your heart with that love.  

 

 

Amazing Grace and Eternal Peace be yours,

Bruce

 

 

 

Father God, I come into your presence so aware of my human frailty and yet overwhelmed by your love for me.

 

I thank you that there is no human experience that I might walk through where your love cannot reach me.

 

If I climb the highest mountain you are there and yet if I find myself in the darkest valley of my life, you are there.

 

Teach me today to love you more.

 

Help me to rest in that love that asks nothing more than the simple trusting heart of a child.

 
In Jesus name, Amen

 
 
 
Bruce MacPherson
 
macpherson@celtic.ca / Blog: The Celtic Christian / Home: 613.489.4174 Cell: 613.720.0821
 
You are receiving this email because you have requested it or I felt you would be interested in this material.
 
If you would like to be removed from this email list, please do not hesitate to contact me at the above email address.
 
Likewise, if you know of someone else who you believe would appreciate receiving these messages, please let me know.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment