Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Daily Prayer

 

Good Tuesday morning, my friends.

 

This morning as I searched for a prayer to share with you, I came across this simple, to the point plea:

 

O Lord,

you know how busy I must be this day.

 

If I forget you,

do not forget me.

 

Perhaps it was the circumstances in which it was written that makes it so interesting.  Purportedly it was written by one Sir Jacob Astley just before the Battle of Edgehill, 1642!

 

We may not be going to war today, at least not in the traditional sense, but it is so easy for us in our day to day lives to forget that God is there with us.  But He will never forget us.

 

It is best, however, to include God in all that we do – offer Him your day (and indeed your whole self) with the prayer below.

 

 

Grace and peace be yours in abundance,

Bruce

 

Lord Jesus,

I give you my hands to do your work.

I give you my feet to go your way.

I give you my eyes to see as you do.

I give you my tongue to speak your words.

I give you my mind that you may think in me.

I give you my spirit that you may pray in me.

Above all,

I give you my heart that you may love in me

your Father and all mankind.

I give you my whole self that you may grow in me,

so that it is you, Lord Jesus,

who live and work and pray in me. 


Bruce MacPherson

macpherson@celtic.ca / Blog: The Celtic Christian / Home: 613.489.4174 Cell: 613.720.0821

You are receiving this email because you have requested it or I felt you would be interested in this material.

If you would like to be removed from this email list, please do not hesitate to contact me at the above email address.

Likewise, if you know of someone else who you believe would appreciate receiving these messages, please let me know.


No comments:

Post a Comment