Search This Blog

Monday, August 29, 2011

Daily Prayer

Good Monday morning, my friends.

 

Sometimes the Holy Spirit can take a piece of familiar scripture can really open our eyes and hearts to what it says.  That happened to me yesterday when I read these words from Psalm 30:

 

Sing praise to the LORD, you saints of His,
         And give thanks at the remembrance of His holy name.
 For His anger is but for a moment,
         His favor is for life;
         Weeping may endure for a night,
         But joy comes in the morning.
(Psalm 30:4-5)

 

When we sin, we are deserving of God's anger, and we should be weeping.  We do sin – all of us.  We may be redeemed sinners, but still sinners none the less.  (Not feeling that way? Then maybe you should read 1 John 1:8-10.)

 

Yes, our God has righteous anger when we sin.  But because of what Christ has done for us, His favour, his forgiveness, lasts for eternity!  Are you weeping over something or someone you have lost?  Are you weeping over your sin?  Then look up, look for the morning light, and the joy that dawn will bring.

 

 

Grace and peace be yours in abundance,

Bruce

 

This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. 

 

It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his passions fail not. 

 

They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. 

 

The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore I will hope in him. 

 

The Lord is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him. 

 

It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD.

 

(Lamentations 3:21-26)

 




Bruce MacPherson

macpherson@celtic.ca / Blog: The Celtic Christian / Home: 613.489.4174 Cell: 613.720.0821

You are receiving this email because you have requested it or I felt you would be interested in this material.

If you would like to be removed from this email list, please do not hesitate to contact me at the above email address.

Likewise, if you know of someone else who you believe would appreciate receiving these messages, please let me know.


No comments:

Post a Comment