Search This Blog

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Daily Prayer

Good Thursday morning, my friends.
 
(I realize these "daily" prayers have been anything but daily lately, and I appoligize for that.  My mornings seem to slip away quickly these days, and afternoons are not any better.  I will continue to send these and will endeavour to be more reglular about it.)
 
Two pieces of scripture I have read in the last few days keep swirling around in my head.  They are:
Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world. (James 1:27)
and
In the same way, those of you who do not give up everything you have cannot be my disciples. (Luke 14:33)
It has been said that after the faith decision, everything else is about stewardship.  The question I ask myself is this: Am I being a good steward of all that has been given to me?  The purpose of the question is not to feel guilty and worry about it, but rather to seek God's wisdom (for he gives it freely to all who ask - James 1:5).  And His answer is that the more we seek Him and his righteousness, rather than the materialistic things of this world, the more peace and joy we will have (Matthew 7:33).
 
 
 
Grace and peace and joy be yours in abundance,
Bruce 
 
Lord, may we who have plenty
live simply
so that others may simply live.
Amen.
 

 

O God,
to those who have hunger, give bread,
and to us who have bread,
give the hunger for justice.  -- World Council of Churches
 

(http://www.prayingeachday.org/100Prayers.pdf)

 


Bruce MacPherson

macpherson@celtic.ca / Blog: The Celtic Christian / Home: 613.489.4174 Cell: 613.720.0821

You are receiving this email because you have requested it or I felt you would be interested in this material.

If you would like to be removed from this email list, please do not hesitate to contact me at the above email address.

Likewise, if you know of someone else who you believe would appreciate receiving these messages, please let me know.


No comments:

Post a Comment