Search This Blog

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Daily Prayer - Born for ALL People

Good Thursday morning, my friends.

 

Possibly my favourite part of the Nativity narrative is the story of the shepherds:

 

Now there were in the same country shepherds living out in the fields, keeping watch over their flock by night. And behold, an angel of the Lord stood before them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were greatly afraid.  Then the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which will be to all people.  For there is born to you this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.  And this will be the sign to you: You will find a Babe wrapped in swaddling cloths, lying in a manger."

 And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying:

 

        " Glory to God in the highest,

      And on earth peace, goodwill toward men!"

 

(Luke 2:8-14)

 

"For there is born to you this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord."  Born to whom?  The lowly shepherds.  The tax collectors.  The prostitutes.  The pharisees.  The homeless.  The CEO's.  You.  Me.  All people! 

 

Glory to God in the highest!

 

We will be leaving tomorrow to head East for Christmas and will have very limited Internet access, so you may not hear from me again before January.  Have a wonderful, Christ-filled Christmas.

 

 

May grace and peace truly be yours in abundance,

Bruce

 

Lord, like the shepherds let me be,

Who kept their watch so faithfully,

With diligence and constant care

Performed the task before them there.

 

Lord, like the shepherds let me hear

A word from Thee fall on my ear,

And may Thy glory 'round me shine

To know Thy presence all divine.

 

Lord, like the shepherds let me run

Rejoicing in the Promised One,

With hearts believing when they heard

That this small babe was Christ the Lord.

 

Lord, like the shepherds let me be,

Once having caught a glimpse of Thee,

With great rejoicing take Thy Word

To share with those who have not heard.

 

Oh, like the shepherds let me speak

And point men to the Hope they seek.

Lord, use my life that I may be

A faithful shepherd serving Thee.

 

By Ann Shorb

 

(http://ccesonline.com/devotionals/holidaysseasons/my-christmas-prayer/)

 
Bruce MacPherson

macpherson@celtic.ca / Blog: The Celtic Christian / Home: 613.489.4174 Cell: 613.720.0821

You are receiving this email because you have requested it or I felt you would be interested in this material.

If you would like to be removed from this email list, please do not hesitate to contact me at the above email address.

Likewise, if you know of someone else who you believe would appreciate receiving these messages, please let me know.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment