Search This Blog

Monday, December 19, 2011

Daily Prayer - Take up the Challenge!

Good Monday morning, my friends.

 

I have been thinking and praying over the weekend about the Daily Prayer I sent out to you on Friday.  I finished that message with this:

 

There is a family near you that needs help too.  In your appartment building, in your daughter's school, on your son's hockey team, at your workplace.  Somewhere around you is a family that needs to know Christ was (and is) love.

 

Today I want to CHALLENGE you.  There is still some time (almost a whole week!) before Christmas.  And someone around you needs your help.  Contact your pastor or priest, local school principal, child's coach, or whoever  today to see if there is a need that is going unmet this Christmas.  And then go meet that need!  I would love to hear back from you on your experience and share it (anonymously) with the rest of the community here.

 

The prayer below may be the one you are answering.

 

A couple of things – if you find a need that you cannot meet on your own, join with others around you to accomplish it or contact me and I will see what I can do to help.  Secondly, if you are the one in need this Christmas, please reach out.  We are a community and we want to prove Jesus right when he said that the world "will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another" (John 13:15).  So let us love you.  Contact your pastor/priest or me.

 

 

May you receive the gifts of grace and peace this Christmas,

Bruce 

 

lord,

this year has been very hard,

the light i never thought id see,

sometimes i feel like a failure,

like im not the mom , im supposed to be.

so i have a special prayer for you,

and its not even for me.

my prayer is for a christmas miracle,

for the 2 kids in my family.

my son doesnt believe this will work,

he thinks no one will even care.

but lord, please hear and answer,

this needy mothers prayer.

please send someone to help me,

make them smile at least one day.

let them forget their worries

as they laugh, and eat and play.

please send someone kind and generous,

who has a little extra to share

and let them see and answer

this needy mothers prayer.

a toy, a game, a christmas meal,

to let them know that kindness is real,

that there are truly those who care,

who'll open their hearts and take time to share,

someone, lord, anywhere out there..

please see and answer,

this needy mothers prayer.

 

Written by needymom

(http://begslist.org/toy-donations/looking-for-angels-to-answer-my-christmas-prayer)

 

 
Bruce MacPherson

macpherson@celtic.ca / Blog: The Celtic Christian / Home: 613.489.4174 Cell: 613.720.0821

You are receiving this email because you have requested it or I felt you would be interested in this material.

If you would like to be removed from this email list, please do not hesitate to contact me at the above email address.

Likewise, if you know of someone else who you believe would appreciate receiving these messages, please let me know.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment