Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Daily Prayer - Community

Good Tuesday morning, my friends.

I am seeking to be in a deeper more intimate relationship with Christ.  And I assume that since you are a disciple, that is your goal as well.  I have tried to do it on my own through prayer, Bible reading/study, and sheer will.  "How's that workin' for ya?", you ask.  Not so well.

But here is what I am discovering:  God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit live in a community of mutual love, encouragement and support.  And the church was given to us by Christ as a way to model this type of relationship with other believers.  And by extension with Himself as Head of the Church.  If we want a deeper relationship with Christ, we need to truly be living in community with others; learning what love, sacrifice, and humility truly are.  Just as Jesus modeled with his disciples when He walked the earth.

So are you in this type of community with a group of like-minded people?  And church on Sunday doesn't count.  I am talking about a small group, maybe 3-10 people, who regularly meet to encourage, exhort, caution, and pray for one another.

Yes, community can be annoying, uncomfortable, even ugly, but it is through these tough experiences that we truly learn to become more like Christ, and thus closer to Him.  Are you willing to put in the effort?  Am I?  I hope so.

Grace and peace be yours in abundance!
Bruce

 

Lord Jesus I love You.

Lord I pray You would refine me by the power of Your Holy Spirit so there will be more of You in my life.

I realize I am made in Your image.

My desire is to reflect who You say I am in my life.

Help me to take steps towards Spiritual maturity.

Lord I pray You would bring someone along side of me who has come to know You and committed to their walk with You to help me grow, to know Your Word and how I am able to apply it to my life.

Thank you for your interest in my life Jesus.

Amen

(http://www.theverseoftheday.info/prayers-for-today/23/)

No comments:

Post a Comment