Search This Blog

Friday, October 19, 2012

Daily Prayer - Right before your eyes ...

Good Friday morning my friends,
 
I have begun re-reading the Gospel of Mark. Just from the opening chapter I am struck again by Jesus' willingness to stop and help those who come into His path - the demon possessed man in the synagogue (Mark 1:23-25), Peter's mother-in-law (Mark 1:30-31), a man with leprosy (Mark 1:40-42).  Jesus was willing to interrupt whatever He was doing to help someone in need.
 
When we look around our world we see problems that are just too big for us to deal with.  And I am sure it was the same in first-century Palestine.  But Jesus did not deal with the problems of the world in His day-to-day activities (although His work on the Cross is another story).  Instead he helped the people who were right in front of Him.  Maybe we should emulate that a little more.  Maybe we should not walk by the homeless man without even acknowledging him.  Maybe we should set aside time to listen to the co-worker who is struggling with an issue.  Maybe we should give up our golf/hockey/jog/girls-night-out whatever to give our spouse a break and spend some time helping the kids with their homework.
 
Maybe we should love the ones that God puts right in front of us.
 
 
Grace and peace and love be yours in abundance!
 
Bruce

 

I pray that I will see God's children as he sees his children, 
that I will react to others the way God would react to them, 
and that I will forgive others the way God forgives them.  
 
Please Lord, give me the eyes of you.  
Help me to be the instrument and vessel that you need this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment