Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Daily Prayer - Giving Thanks

Good Tuesday morning, my friends.

Thanksgiving weekend has come and gone, and I expect most of us have spent time in prayer at some point in these past few days thanking God for His many blessings. Of course, Thanksgiving Day is not the only day we are to give thanks.  Indeed Paul admonishes us to always be thankful (Ephesians 5:20, 1 Thessalonians 5:18).  If we could only see how short this life is, with the pain and sorrow it brings, compared with eternity in heaven where all tears are wiped away, where sin, death and suffering are no more, then our whole perspective on gratitude would change.  The result would be that the decisions we make in this life would be much more Kingdom-centred than self-centred.  And joy would permeate our lives, creating an overflowing into those around us.

Cast your eyes upon the Lord and upon that eternity today.


Grace and peace be yours in abundance!
Bruce

 

Lord Jesus, you are the God of all, the faithful God who keeps covenant and mercy for a thousand generations with those who love You and keep your commandments. Every good and perfect gift comes to us from Your hand.

I thank you for all that I have received. Lord, I ask that you would bless me so that I can be a blessing to others. That You would fill my house with Your peace and Your Presence. Give me wisdom to make the right decisions in every situation so that You can prosper me in all that I do. Give me favor in all of my relationships, with family, friends and coworkers. Help me to be a testimony of your love to everyone around me. Fill my life with Your purpose, Lord Jesus.

Help me find joy in every day, even in the smallest things. According to Your word, surround me with Your favor as with a shield, and guard my going out and my coming in. Fill me with Your Holy Spirit, and empower me to walk in the fullness of my destiny. I pray in Jesus mighty name, Amen!

(http://www.donotgiveup.net/encouragementprayers1.htm)

No comments:

Post a Comment