Search This Blog

Monday, January 21, 2013

Daily Prayer - Soak in His love

Good Monday morning, my friends.
 
Some days our self-esteem can take a beating.  During periods of our lives "some days" can be "most days" or even "every day".  This happens when we listen to the voice in our head that says "you aren't good enough", "you are useless", "you are ugly".  It happens when we look to those around us for approval and self-worth.  We (and I really mean we - this message is truly for me as well as you) need instead to look at the worth Jesus places on us.  He chose to be born into this world to save you and me.  Because He loves you and me.  "For God so loved the world ..."
 
Here are some more examples of how God tells us of His love:
No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 8:37-39)
 
but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. (Romans 5:8)
 
But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ— by grace you have been saved— (Ephesians 2:4-5)
 
In this the love of God was made manifest among us, that God sent his only Son into the world, so that we might live through him. In this is love, not that we have loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. (1 John 4:9-11)
 
How about some Old Testament examples:
The LORD your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing. (Zephaniah 3:17)
 
But you, O Lord, are a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness. (Psalm 86:15)
 
For you created my inmost being;
    you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
    your works are wonderful,
    I know that full well.
(Psalm 139:13-14)
 
I love those who love me, and those who seek me diligently find me. (Proverbs 8:17)
 
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. (Jeremiah 29:11)
 
Soak in His love today.
 

Grace and peace be yours in abundance,
Bruce
 
 
Father, we know that in ourselves we are nothing, but in You, we are made complete.
 
Our identity is found in Christ and that is the basis of our self-worth making us valuable and capable of worthy service through Christ who dwells within us.
 
Help us not to be consumed with thoughts of how the world views us, but to think soberly with good judgment so that we do not look to the wrong source for approval or imitate that which deglorifies Christ.
 
Through Christ Jesus our Lord we pray.
 
Amen.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment