Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Daily Prayer - Gutless

Good Tuesday morning, my friends.
 
God has been hammering me lately about my weak and gutless prayers.  I shy away from asking for anything specific because I don't want to take the chance that He won't answer and I will look (and feel) like a fool.  Or if I do ask "boldly" for something, I couch it with the phrase "if it be Your will" to give myself an out.  My God has become very small, compartmentalized, but He is demanding I let Him out of the box.  It's a little scary, but I will do just that.
 
My son, Elijah, was on a mission trip with Teen Mania's Global Expeditions last year.  They are passionate, committed, and this is their creed… 
Declaration of a World Changer
 
Today, I will live honorably through my thoughts, actions, and speech. I choose to be full of faith; I will not only be a hearer but a doer of the Word of God. I will serve before I demand, I will love and not hate, and I will give before I take. Today, I choose to make a difference in this world and to be a part of something bigger than myself. I choose to dedicate my life to prayer and ask God for His miraculous power and the courage to do the impossible. I will make Godly relationships a priority in my life as I esteem others higher than myself. Today, I will live my life in such a way that I Will Change the World. 
How big is your God?  Will you ask Him for "His miraculous power and the courage to do the impossible"?
 

Grace and peace and a boundless God be yours,
Bruce
 

Father, because You are the true, eternal and living God I can commit my past to You, and entrust my present needs to You. 
 
I’m so glad the Word of God declares that You are the great “I AM”, not “I was.” 
 
As my issues change and my needs grow You are present to meet every situation I bring before You.
 
I place my confidence in You as I remain steadfast and faithful, abounding in my relationship with You, my true, living and eternally great God.
 
Amen.
 
(http://adailyprayer.wordpress.com/2014/01/16/a-prayer-to-the-true-eternal-and-living-god/)

No comments:

Post a Comment