Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Daily Prayer - Why is it?

Good Wednesday morning, my friends.
 
I love this prayer.  It meets me where I am.  But what I love most is that it reminds me that I am to rely on God.  Notice that it doesn't say that I will do this and I will do that, but rather asks God to do something in us.  This is how He wants us to be - reliant on Him and His power, as a baby relies on his/her parents.
 
Rest in the Beauty and Majesty and Strength and Love of God today.
 

Amazing Grace and Eternal Peace be yours,
Bruce
 

Why is it, Lord, that I so quickly
see the problem,
call to mind the hurt,
rehearse the pain,
dwell on my mistakes,
fret and stew in worry
and feed upon my fear?
 
Why is it, Lord, that I'm so slow
to see your grace,
treasure peaceful moments,
hold on to every healing,
listen for your whispered word,
lean upon your strength,
and place my troubled heart
in your open, loving hands?
 
Lift me up, O Lord,
out of all that keeps me down...
 
Open wide my eyes to see
the beauty of your face...
 
Lift my hands and heart
to you in prayer...
 
Open up my ears
to your Spirit's voice within me...
 
Touch my mind and heart
where I'm most in need of healing...
 
Remind me every day of my blessings,
old and new...
 
Give me strength to live
one day,
one hour,
one minute at a time...
 
Lift me up, O Lord,
out of all that keeps me down
and let my spirit find its joy
in you and in your love...
 
Amen.
 
(from A Concord Pastor Comments by way of http://bobhostetler.blogspot.ca/2014/01/lift-me-up.html)

No comments:

Post a Comment