Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Daily Prayer - Happy Birthday!

Good Wednesday morning, my friends.
 
What an amazing week it has been.
 
My 50th birthday was Monday.  The celebrations started on Sunday morning with the Gold Medal men's hockey game in Sochi - the first of many gifts!  Then there was a surprise get together at my house that evening.  It was a wonderful time with friends I have known for many years, great neighbours, and almost all of my new church!  The house was packed and I have rarely, if ever, felt so blessed.  I have the best wife and family in the whole world.
 
The fun continued on Monday, my actual birthday, with a family dinner at a local restaurant (thanks to Ann for joining us!). At dinner I finally got to read through the many cards and messages that were sent - an embarrassment of riches. 
 
And then, last evening at the dinner table I got to open yet more gifts, these ones from my family.  I can't wait to see what today brings!!  I highly recommend that we change BirthDay to BirthWeek!
 
The love I have felt in the past few days has been almost overwhelming.  And yet, it pales in comparison to the love God has for me.  I truly appreciate and treasure the gifts and well wishes I have received, but the greatest gift I ever received was my Jesus giving up His life for me so that I could spend all of eternity with Him.  How incredible is that?
 
This prayer is for all of you celebrating a birthday this year ... (which would be all of you) ...
 

Grace and peace be yours in abundance,
Bruce 
 
 
Thank you, God, for giving me another year of life.
Thank you for all the people who remembered me today
by sending cards, and letters, gifts and good wishes.
 
Thank you for all the experience of this past year;
for times of success which will always be happy memories,
for times of failure which reminded me of my own weakness and of my need for you,
for times of joy when the sun was shining,
for times of sadness which drove me to you.
 
Forgive me
for the hours I wasted,
for the chances I failed to take,
for the opportunities I missed this past year.
 
Help me in the days ahead to make this the best year yet,
and through it to bring good credit to myself,
happiness and pride to my loved ones,
and joy to you.
 
Amen.
 
(http://www.beliefnet.com/Prayers/Other/Birthday-Prayer.aspx)

No comments:

Post a Comment