Search This Blog

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Daily Prayer - What is your greatest desire?

Good Thursday morning, my friends.
 
When I read this prayer my first thought was "Oh, this is definitely not who I am - this isn't me."  The  second was "but this is who I want to be."  My prayer is to become this person.  How about you?
 

Grace and peace be yours in abundance,
Bruce
 
 
My God, I pretend to nothing upon this earth,
except to be so firmly united to you by prayer
that to be separated from you may be impossible;
let others desire riches and glory;
for my part, I desire but one thing,
and that is to be inseparably united to you,
and to place in you alone
all my hopes of happiness
and repose.
 
(a prayer of St. John Scholasticus by way of http://bobhostetler.blogspot.ca/2014/02/i-pretend-to-nothing.html)

No comments:

Post a Comment