Search This Blog

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Daily Prayer - Then and Now

Good Thursday morning, my friends. 
Jesus said "Your father Abraham rejoiced that he would see my day. He saw it and was glad.”
 
So the Jews said to him, “You are not yet fifty years old, and have you seen Abraham?”
 
Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am.” (John 8:56-58)
Like the Jews of Jesus time we often think of God in the past tense: what He has done, what He has said, prayers He has answered.  It is easy to forget that God works in the present.  What is He doing right now in your life?
 

Grace and peace be yours in abundance,
Bruce 
 
 
Almighty God, thank you
that you not only loved me,
but you love me right now.
 
Thank you that you saved me
and are saving me.
 
Thank you that you spoke,
and that you speak.
 
Thank you that you gave yourself for me
and that you give yourself to me.
 
Thank you that you thought of me eons ago
and think of me still,
that you made a way for me
and make a way for me still,
that you answered my prayers
and answer them still.
 
Thank you, God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob,
that you are the God of the living THEN
and of my life NOW,
 
in Jesus' name, amen.
 
(http://bobhostetler.blogspot.ca/2014/02/now-and-then.html)

No comments:

Post a Comment