Search This Blog

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Daily Prayer - What need I fear

Good Thursday morning, my friends.
 
A friend of mine sent this to me recently.  (Thanks, David.)
 
Lorica Prayer - Praying for God's Protection:
 
The Lorica prayer was not just a good idea for ancient people, we too need God's protection. Modern medical and technological advances tend to push God to the periphery of life, diluting our understanding that we are completely dependent on God. It is proper and right to seek God's protection. He purifies, heals and gives us a future. And with the health He gives, we rise to take care of the business of God. When our lives are centered on Christ, we beg His protection that we may complete our dream, live until our worship is complete, and bear a saving word to all of those outside of God's grace. So that, along with the ancient Celts, we look to God and pray ....
 

Grace and peace be yours in abundance,
Bruce
 

Alone with none but thee, my God,
I journey on my way,
What need I fear, when thou art near,
O King of night and day?
More safe am I within thy hand,
Than if a host did round me stand.
 
-- from The Path of Celtic Prayer by Calvin Miller.

No comments:

Post a Comment