Search This Blog

Friday, April 20, 2012

Daily Prayer - A grieving family

Good Friday morning, my friends.
 
Yesterday I received an email from one of the regular readers of my posts.  Geoff told me his mother was gravely ill and asked me to share his prayer request for her healing.  I intended to do that today in this message, but sadly she passed away later in the day when her family made the decision to discontinue life support.  The strength of Geoff's faith shows clearly in this note he sent me: 
God was faithful as all day today I was receiving support from all my friends, passages, comments on strength and discernment so that when it came time to make a decision, I was guided and given the strength to do what had to be done, along with my brother and father. We will obviously need His hand for strength for what is about to happen but i felt Him today and know I  and we, will be fine. His will be done, He showed it and blessed us with it.  
Please join me today in prayer for this family.  And if their is grief in your own heart today, we pray this for you as well.
 
 
Grace and peace be yours in abundance,
 
Bruce
 
Heavenly Father please comfort this precious suffering family.
 
Reach out to them and comfort their weary hearts.
 
Help them to know that you are in control and that while they may not understand exactly what is going on, that you will steadfastly provide for them, even beyond what they are capable of understanding.
 
Give them peace and reassurance of your infinite grace and mercy and return them to your eternal service.
 
In Jesus' name,
Amen
 
Revelation 21:4
He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."
 
 
 
 
Bruce MacPherson
 
macpherson@celtic.ca / Blog: The Celtic Christian / Home: 613.489.4174 Cell: 613.720.0821
 
You are receiving this email because you have requested it or I felt you would be interested in this material.
 
If you would like to be removed from this email list, please do not hesitate to contact me at the above email address.
 
Likewise, if you know of someone else who you believe would appreciate receiving these messages, please let me know.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment