Search This Blog

Monday, April 16, 2012

Daily Prayer - Overflow

Good Monday morning, my friends.
 
Are you overflowing with hope, joy and peace?  I have heard it said that one of the greatest sins of Christ followers is not living with great joy.  Paul prays in Romans 13:15 "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit".  If you, like me,  want to "have life, and have it to the full" (John 10:10) then join me today in this prayer. 
 
Grace and peace be yours in abundance,
Bruce
 

Dear Father in Heaven,

 
I know You are the God of hope.
Yet so often I do not feel filled with the joy and peace You offer to me.
So often hope is distant in my heart.
Today I acknowledge that I need You.
I need Your hope in my heart and I need Your filling.
Please help me to do my part and trust You.
Help me to trust You to give me the hope and the joy and the peace that Your Holy Spirit brings.
Increase my faith so I can trust You fully with all the question marks in my life.
Fill me by the power of Your Holy Spirit now.
I don't want to just survive or just get by… I want to overflow!
Your Holy Spirit is the only one who has the power to pour the peace and joy You offer into my weary soul.
I trust you today with all the circumstances of my life.
Thank you that I can come to you, my God of Hope!!
 
In the name of Jesus I pray, Amen.
 
(http://www.gailrodgers.ca/index.php/site/prayerItem/223/)

 
 
 
Bruce MacPherson
 
macpherson@celtic.ca / Blog: The Celtic Christian / Home: 613.489.4174 Cell: 613.720.0821
 
You are receiving this email because you have requested it or I felt you would be interested in this material.
 
If you would like to be removed from this email list, please do not hesitate to contact me at the above email address.
 
Likewise, if you know of someone else who you believe would appreciate receiving these messages, please let me know.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment