Search This Blog

Friday, September 21, 2012

Daily Prayer - He gives rules to rescue us

Good Friday morning, my friends.

I was thinking about the message yesterday on rules vs no rules and I recalled a conversation I had with a good friend of mine not long after I came to faith.  He asked if I missed anything about my old life.  My response was that anything I had given up (or was giving up, or am giving up) was not good for me.  The Spirit in me told me those things were not healthy for me - either physically or emotionally, and certainly spiritually.

God does not want to keep us from any good thing, just resuce us from very bad things disguised as good things.

Grace and peace be yours in abundance!
Bruce


 

Ten Prayers God always says Yes to

The YES Prayer
by Anthony DeStefano

With praise for all you are, Lord
and thanks for all you bless;
Lord, grant these ten petitions
with your eternal Yes:

Please show me that you're there
when I can't see your face;
Send troubled souls my way
their wounds I will erase.

Let me see with your eyes
my mind with your thoughts fill;
but more than wisdom give me
the strength to do your will.

Bless me with abundance
then put me to the test;
Gladly will I give you
much more than I possess.

Send me your tranquility
In troubled times and calm;
with loving arms sustain me
through suffering and harm.

Forgive me for my sins
though legion they may be;
when death and evil triumph,
bring good from tragedy.

But most of all reveal
the meaning of my life
the purpose of my glories
the reason for my strife
my destiny in Heaven
no tears to flow again
My God please grant me all;
In Christ Our Lord,

Amen.

(http://www.tenprayers.com/preview.htm)

No comments:

Post a Comment