Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Daily Prayer - Exercise

Good Wednesday morning, my friends.

Do you have a love for God's Word?  Do you thirst for more time reading your Bible?  The more I read mine, the more I want to read it.  It is like a muscle that must be exercised in order to grow.  This morning I was reading Psalm 119.  It speaks over and over of the joy and delight of knowing and following the commands of scripture.  It is wonderful for reading and meditating on.  Take the time to read a few of the verses today.

Are you getting your exercise?


Grace and peace be yours in abundance,
Bruce


Father, Your Word is a lamp unto our feet and a light unto our path. 

The radiant light of Your Scripture goes before us dispelling the darkness of the enemy. 

It is living and active; therefore, it is always relevant, right up to date, and a foundation for our soul. 

Help us not to turn to the right nor to the left, but to keep our eyes fixed on Your Holy Word and our hearts tuned to the Holy Spirit so that we will be faithful to the very end of this life as we know it. 

Eradicate both visible and hidden sin that would stand in the way of our hearing Your words of commendation on the other side, "Well done, thou good and faithful servant." 

Amen.

2 comments:

  1. From the Funny You Should Say That Dep't: I was at a seminar last night on Billy Graham's evangelism outreach called "My Hope" -- an in-home, front-room-forum format. Rev. Dave MacFarlane, who was giving the seminar, told a story about Billy. He has a daily Bible-reading regimen (no surprise), but also he has an open Bible in just about every room in his house. A visitor asked him why, and he replied, "I like to have snacks throughout the day."

    I remember when I first came to Christ, I couldn't get enough of the Bible. I'd rush home from work to crack it open and find out what was going to happen -- or what the Lord would say to me -- next. But after a while, "something" said to me, "oh, this is just another of your obsessions," and I eased off. It took another year before I realized *who* was behind that voice and got back into the Word. Praise God, by then, there was no stopping me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Drew. I really like the idea of having Bible's open in various rooms. I would suggest having various translations as well - NIV, ESV, NKJV, The Message.

      I'm glad you "came to your senses", as did the prodigal son, for there IS no stopping you and I am blessed for it. :-)

      Delete