Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Daily Prayer - Fearlessness

Good Wednesday morning, my friends.

We are so easily paralyzed with fear in this world.  Fear of failure, fear of rejection, fear when our health or the health of a loved one deteriorates, fear of financial issues, fear for our children's future.  The list is endless and the enemy is constantly whispering these in our ears.  No wonder "Fear not!" is the most oft repeated command in the Bible (reputedly 365 times - once for every day of the year).

My fears threaten to overtake me on a daily basis, sometimes hourly, and I need to lay them at Jesus feet.  This prayer is a great reminder for me, and I hope for you.

What is your fear today?  Is it bigger than God?  The God who upholds you with His righteous right hand?

Grace and peace and fearlessness be yours in abundance,
Bruce


Father, 

You speak to us through the prophet Isaiah:
 "Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand" (Isaiah 41:10). 

Though this passage is somewhat general we know that You deal with the specifics in our lives as we encounter personal difficulties and quandaries. 

How comforting it is to know that You are alive forevermore and not only go before us, but You walk alongside us in our times of pain, confusion, loss, and when we're uncertain what direction You want us to take. 

Ever-faithful and ever-loving God, we praise You for Your presence in our lives. 

It is through Jesus that we come to You in prayer. 

Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment