Search This Blog

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Daily Prayer - Opening words ...

Good Thursday morning, my friends.

I have been delving in to "31 Days of Prayer - Moving GOD's Mighty Hand" by Warren and Ruth Myers.  They suggest beginning your prayer time with a prayer like the one below.  I have found it a wonderful way to approach God, remembering that Jesus is praying for us at the same time:

Consequently, he (Jesus) is able to save to the uttermost those who draw near to God through him, since he always lives to make intercession for them. (Hebrews 7:25)

Try opening your conversation with God today by lifting this prayer - and see how your heart aligns with His as you bring your petitions before Him.


Amazing Grace and Eternal Peace be yours,
Bruce


Father in heaven, great and powerful and full of love, I lift my heart in praise for the privilege of coming to you in praise for the privilege of coming to You in prayer. Give me special grace as I join Your exalted son in His ministry of prayer.

Search my heart, Lord, and show me if any sin is hindering Your work in my life. May I respond without delay wherever You make me conscious of sin. How grateful I am for Your total forgiveness the moment I confess my sin, turning back to You as my Lord!

And Father, teach me to pray. How much I yearn to know your will and Your way. I thank You that Your Son lives within me. What a joy to know that He is my teacher - that through Him I can learn to pray. I can learn to release Your boundless power for both my needs and the need of many others, near and far. Teach me to pray.

Day by day may Your spirit work in me, motivating me to abide in Christ and pray in faith, moving Your mighty hand to fulfill Your purposes. Keep reminding me that You are able to do infinitely more than I would ever dare to ask or imagine, by Your mighty power at work within me.

To You be the glory both now and forever.

Amen.

(31 Days of Prayer - Moving GOD's Mighty Hand, pp. 46-47, Warren and Ruth Myers)

No comments:

Post a Comment