Search This Blog

Monday, April 8, 2013

Daily Prayer - Storms and Peace

Good Monday morning, my friends.

I read this devotion on the weekend and wanted to share it with you.

Dear Jesus, in the hollow of Thy hand there is peace.

Yes, My child, but do not ask me to give you peace when you have removed yourself from My hand or are unwilling to rest quietly there.  I give My peace to all who love and serve Me with singleness of heart.  Any duplicity either in character or in aim shall bring disquiet.

I do not send storms upon your soul.  They are generated by the pressures of your disobedience.

Only in repentance shall my people find peace, and only in singleness of heart shall they find joy.

(Come away My Beloved Daily Devotional - Frances J. Roberts)

There was no doubt in my heart as I read this that the Holy Spirit was at work.  When I do not have peace in my heart (despite what storms are going on around me) I know it is either because I have removed myself from His hand (through rebellion, sin), or was just unwilling to rest quietly there (wanting to be on to the "next" thing, taking no time to enjoy His presence).  The storms in my soul are indeed generated by the pressures of my disobedience.

This is great news!  Recognizing the cause of my lack of peace allows me to rectify the situation.  What level is your peace meter at today?


Amazing Grace and Eternal Peace be yours!
Bruce


Dear Jesus, in the hollow of Thy hand there is peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment