Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Daily Prayer - May I burn for You

Good Wednesday morning, my friends.
 
This is a dangerous prayer.  This is a courageous prayer.  I am of two minds as I pray it - wanting it, but not wanting it - like the man who cries out to Jesus "I believe!  Help my unbelief!".
 
Let us pray this with conviction, even in our fear.
 
 
Grace and peace be yours in abundance,
Bruce
 
 
 
God, I pray,
light these idle sticks of my life
and may I burn for you.
 
Consume my life, my God,
for it is yours.
 
I seek not a long life,
but a full one, like you, Lord Jesus.
 
(a slightly updated prayer by Jim Elliot, martyred missionary to the indigenous people of Ecuador by way of http://bobhostetler.blogspot.ca/2014/05/may-i-burn-for-you.html)

No comments:

Post a Comment