Search This Blog

Friday, May 2, 2014

Daily Prayer - Remind me

Good Friday morning, my friends.
 
The following prayer reminds me of Proverbs where two parallel yet opposite thoughts are expressed in pairs of lines.  As I read the first line of each of these, I recognize myself.  As I read each second line, I recognize God.
 
Contemplate these as you go through your day.
 
 
Grace and peace be yours in abundance,
Bruce
 
 
Lord,
When I can't see where you are,
remind me how you never lose sight of me...
 
When I strain to listen but just can't hear you,
remind me how you never miss a word I pray...
 
When I'm alone and feel abandoned,
remind me how you hold me in the palm of your hand...
 
When I just can't seem to find you
remind me how you seek me out, night and day...
 
When I find it hard to trust in you,
remind me how you never give up on me...
 
When I can't forgive myself
remind me how your mercy is forever...
 
When I don't know where to turn,
remind me how you guide and watch my every step...
 
And when I can't...  (well, whatever!)
remind me that you can, you do and always will
love and care for me...
 
Amen.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment