Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Daily Prayer - Remind me

Good Wednesday morning, my friends.
 
These days I need a LOT more reminders than I used to.  Age is a terrible thing. 
 
This prayer asks God to remind us of his care and love in our lives.  Think about this: nothing that happens to you today will surprise Him.
 
And I find Adonai ("my Lord") one of the more beautiful names attributed to God in scripture.
 
 
Grace and peace and good memory be yours in abundance,
Bruce
 
 
 
Adonai, please remind me today that I am yours.
 
Remind me that I am in your hand,
and all things are in your control.
 
Remind me that nothing that happens to me today
will surprise you or throw you off your game.
 
Remind me to keep my eyes on you,
whatever storms may come.
 
Remind me not to fear,
not to hurry,
and not to rely on my own strength and wisdom,
 
in Jesus' name, amen.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment