Search This Blog

Monday, April 4, 2011

Consider the Cross


Good Monday morning, my friends.

Yesterday I heard a sermon on a novel topic: Sin.  I say novel, because I have not heard a great many sermons on sin in recent years.  

Society and culture tell us the concept of "sin" is outdated.  They say that if there is a God, He is a loving God and would not possibly punish us for the wrong that we do, that He would never send anyone to "hell".  Is this true?  Does God take sin seriously?

Well - consider the cross.  God sent His only Son to be beaten, tortured and executed by crucification so that the requirement for punishment of our rebellion could be fulfilled.  I would say that is a pretty good indication that God is just, as well as loving, and takes sin VERY SERIOUSLY.

So the next question would be - is God serious about reconciliation with us, about forgiving us for our sins?

Well - consider the cross.  God sent His only Son to be beaten, tortured and executed by crucification so that the punishment that WE deserve would be on His shoulders.  I would say that is a pretty good indication that God will go to the extreme to bring us back into relationship with Him.

Do you believe in the back of your mind that the sin in your life doesn't matter?  Are you ignoring the truth and believing the lies of society and culture?  If you are, please consider the cross.


Amazing Grace and Eternal Peace be yours,
Bruce


Father, I know that I have broken your laws and my sins have separated me from you. 

I am truly sorry, and now I want to turn away from my past sinful life toward you. 

Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again. 

I believe that your son, Jesus Christ died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer. 

I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. 

Please send your Holy Spirit to help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life. 

In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.




Bruce MacPherson 

macpherson@celtic.ca / Blog: The Celtic Christian / Home: 613.489.4174 Cell: 613.720.0821

You are receiving this email because you have requested it or I felt you would be interested in this material.

If you would like to be removed from this email list, please do not hesitate to contact me at the above email address. 

Likewise, if you know of someone else who you believe would appreciate receiving these messages, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment