Search This Blog

Monday, April 18, 2011

Spiritual Fruit vs Spiritual Warfare

Good Monday morning, my friends.

Apologies if you were looking for my message on Thursday and Friday.  Thursday got away on me, and I never got around to writing one.  Friday, Rosemary and I went to Halifax - me to the Promise Keepers event there, and Rosemary to visit family.

After two successive (and successful from a Kingdom perspective!) weekends at Promise Keepers events, I am stunned (more so than usual) at how God is working in the men of this country.  A week ago here in Ottawa, and this past weekend in Halifax have been amazing!  On this past Friday evening had the opportunity to watch about 2 dozen men give their lives to Christ; and I had the absolute privilege of praying with one young man (late teens/early twenties) as he did so.  What a gift that was to ME from God.  At the same time over 100 men came forward to rededicate their lives to Him!  I have heard so many personal stories from the two weekends that it is overwhelming.  God certainly brought Himself glory.

As exciting at that is, I am reminded of a caution I received.  Last fall I attended my first Annual General Meeting for Promise Keepers Canada.  At that meeting, one of the more "seasoned" guys addressed those of us who were new.  He said "the fruit of this ministry is intoxicating; but the spiritual warfare that you and your families will experience can be debilitating".  Folks, I can now attest that both of these statements are true.  When any of us begin to walk in God's will we will see wonderful things begin to happen in our lives.  But we will also get the attention of the enemy, and he will do everything in his (limited) power to throw us off track.  Please lift this prayer for anyone you know who is involved in ministry work.  And that includes you - we are all ministers to each other.


Amazing Grace and Eternal Peace be yours,
Bruce


Lord God,

Thank you so much for the servants you have sent here to reap the harvest.
Please guide and protect them, covering them in the Blood of your Son.
Be with them, and their families, as they fight the good fight for the Kingdom, Your Kingdom.

Father, we are blessed to be part of Your plan of salvation for the world.
We are grateful to be the "light of the world" and ask for you to make us glow brighter.
Help us to draw to You those around us who have been stolen from Your Kingdom by the lies of the enemy.

Thank you for the blessing the work of Promise Keepers and all other organizations and individuals who have aligned themselves to Your will.
Guide us, correct us, give us strength, wisdom and courage as we seek to be salt in this world.
Lord bestow upon us the gift of bringing the Gospel to every man, woman and child in this country.

In the matchless name of Jesus Christ we pray.  Amen.



Bruce MacPherson 

macpherson@celtic.ca / Blog: The Celtic Christian / Home: 613.489.4174 Cell: 613.720.0821

You are receiving this email because you have requested it or I felt you would be interested in this material.

If you would like to be removed from this email list, please do not hesitate to contact me at the above email address. 

Likewise, if you know of someone else who you believe would appreciate receiving these messages, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment